Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tip Time Tuesday

I don't know about you, but I look forward to Tip Time Tuesday every week! I love seeing all the unique tips the Kiwi Designers come up with using the templates. Todays Tip is extremely simple but wow, what a statement it will make on your 12x12 scrapbook layouts!

I was so excited to finally get the chance to scrap a favorite family picture of a bike ride we took in Leadville Colorado. The new "Stars & Stripes" collection by doodlebug had the perfect piece of pattern paper to use for my scrapbook layout. Check out those adorable bikes!


Are you ready for todays tip? I created the floral background on my scrapbook layout using Celebrate 8. With just a few simple steps you too can create a one of a kind floral background.

Step 1.
Trace and cut out Celebrate 8, six times.


Step 2.
Fold Celebrate 8 in half overlapping, creating a straight edge on the bottom. Do this to all 6.


Step 3. 
Now that you have all 6 folded, arrange each folded template onto your background paper making sure the straight edge is positioned towards the middle and the points on the ends touch. You will begin to see the pattern take shape. Once you're happy with the placement, glue in place.

I wanted my floral background to pop off my page so I added a bit of doodling with a white gel pen around each folded template. I love how it added just the right amount of pop! I think todays tip would be so fun to use with double sided paper on a solid background. I can't wait to give that a try!


Thanks for joining me today for Tip Time Tuesday

Happy Scrapping!
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment