Friday, April 26, 2013

Weekend Whimsy - Patriotic Home Decor


Hello crafty friends!

Thanks for joining me today for Kiwi Lane's Weekend Whimsy. I had the honor of creating with the new doodlebug collection “Stars & Stripes”.  I love how patriotic this collection is so I decided to create 2 home decor items to display during the month of July.

Home Decor Project #1 “Patriotic Flag Light”


For this home decor project I used Chestnut Drive 3A & 3B to create the stripes for the flag. I traced the top curve of both templates to create a thin stripe. Once I had all my stripes traced and cut out, I then adhered them to my Deco Glass block alternating the color.


I used Celebrate 4, the pinwheel template to create a fun embellishment to add to the corner of my Patriotic Flag Light. I used 2 different patterns of paper altering the template design. I love the layered look of Celebrate 4!


After adhering my pinwheel embellishment, I then added a small strand of white holiday lights to the inside of my Deco Block. I finished off my Patriotic Flag Light by wrapping red wired ribbon around the block and adding some doodlebug grosgrain ribbon to the top.



Home Decor Project #2 "Patriotic Pinwheel Wreath"


I love displaying wreaths outside on my front door but for this home decor project, I created an indoor wreath. I used the Celebrate 4 template again to create the pinwheels on the wreath. I wanted to create more of a 3D look to the pinwheels, I glued only the tips together not adhering them down to the center. Once I created all 6 3D pinwheels, I placed each one onto a pinwheel which I left flat.



I had so much fun creating both of these home decor projects using my Kiwi Lane templates and the Stars & Stripes collection by doodlebug. Be sure to share your Kiwi inspired home decor projects with us over on our Facebook

Happy Scrapping!
Leslie

Other supplies used: doodlebug Stars & Stripes Jewels; grosgrain ribbon; sticker embellishments, iamroses white flowers, clear bling, Celebrate stars garland, grapevine wreath, red wire ribbon, twine

1 comment:

  1. I love your creative "think out of the box" ideas! I am still wondering how you thought of that light in the glass with the windmill effect on it. I would never think of those ideas!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete