Saturday, December 15, 2012

Altered Wooden Calendar

December so far has been a crazy busy month for me. I am almost finished with our families Christmas shopping, but I have yet to bake any holiday goodies or ship anything out in the mail. I'm looking forward to the "New Year" and to help me keep on track, I created an altered wooden calendar for my design team project for I Am Roses.

I'm regretting not taking a picture to show you just how hideous this calendar was before I altered it. I purchased it on clearance a while back at my local Hobby Lobby. It's original state was unfinished with a sailor's anchor on it. Yup you read that right. I knew as soon as I saw it I needed to take it home with me and that someday I'd turn it into something fabulous!


I stained the wooden numbers and months using Rangers Distress Stain in Walnut along with the side of the calendar holder. I added a floral print pattern paper by American Crafts and black daisy trim from Pro31designs around the edges. I completed my calendar by embellishing the area which once was home to the anchor with black Prima bling and I Am Roses.


The I Am Rose Products I used to embellish my calendar box are:
Black rose, originally brown (altered with black LSG spray): R76
White Large Crochet flower: JC 2 - 151
Green Sm Skeleton Leaves: K1 - 50
Sm Pink Roses: R3 - 00
Medium Rose Buds: T30 - 151



Be sure to stop by iamroses to find all the beautiful flowers I used and many more.

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Scrapping and Happy Holidays!






1 comment:

  1. Wow,I have to say your work is beautiful! So many great blogs on the blog hop and this one is truly one of the best!
    http://joaniespaperescape.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete