Tuesday, March 26, 2013

KLD March Tip Time Tuesday - Life is a Journey Scrapbook Layout and Card


Thanks for joining me for todays Tip Time Tuesday for Kiwi Lane Designs. If you are hopping along from the IAR Spring Blog hop, click here.

I'm really excited about sharing two fun project I created, a double page scrapbook layout and a card using the collect "Stowaway" by our friends over at Quick Quotes.

I find it really hard for me to narrow down just one set of templates that I would call my favorite, but if you ask me what some of my all time favorite templates are, Floral and Wildflower makes the list without hesitation! 

For todays Tip Time Tuesday I used, Floral 3T, Wildflower 3T, 4T, along with Paisley Place mini 3B, Rings 4 & 3, and Cascade Trails 1A, 1B & 2B.

Every year on the first day of school I have a photo shoot in my backyard with my kids.  I've been waiting to scrapbook my oldest son's 3rd grade photo's and I knew as soon as I saw the "Stowaway" collection by Quick Quotes, it was going to be a perfect combination to finally scrap his photos.

I love thinking outside the box, and for todays tips, I used fun foam and corrugated paper to add texture, dimension and a bit of whimsy to my projects. 


Tip #1, Trace Floral 3T, Wildflower 4T and Paisley Place 3B onto the fun foam and cut out. To add texture to the fun foam choose an embossing folder and run it through an embossing machine. Don't have an embossing machine, no worries this can be an optional step.

Tip #2, Trace Wildflower 3T onto corrugated paper and cut out.


I love the added texture and dimension both these products added to my scrapbook layout!  I used the debossed side of the fun foam, here's a closer look.



I had so much fun playing with my Kiwi templates,the fun foam and the corrugated paper that after creating my layout, I was able to make a card with the left over scraps. Thanks again to our friends over at Quick Quotes for sharing their beautiful papers with us.



I'd love to see how you incorporate fun foam and corrugated paper on your projects, so don't forget to share with us todays tips over on the KLD Facebook page. I can't wait to see them!

Happy Scrapping!
Leslie


Other products used include: Brown button, iamroses Crochet Flower Spray, Paper Studios Gems,Recollections Bling Swirl, paper flowers, resin Birdhouse, Mulberry Butterfly. Tonic Tiny Attacher, Paper Distresser, Walnut Stain Distress ink, Natural Twine, Quick Quotes Stowaway Chipboard die cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment