Friday, November 21, 2014

Holiday Card Shares

Thanks for joining me today! I'm excited to be sharing my guest design team projects for Little Blue Button Stamps.  I've had a blast designing for LBB and coloring all the wonderful digi images Olga has created. Be sure to stop by her website and check out her shop.

For todays projects I created three holiday/winter cards.

First up Is a winter card using the digi image, Miss Lilly and the Snowman.



I wanted to create with nontraditional holiday colors, so I used cobalt blue, brick red, and a teal aqua. I colored Miss Lilly with my Copic markers and used white metallic watercolor paint to create a unique look for the snowman. I also added different layers of pattern papers along with a snowflake embossed white piece of card stock for added texture. To finish off my card using Miss Lilly and the Snowman, I added a huge satin teal bow and some metallic snowflakes.



Next up, I used the digi image Caroling Sam. I colored him using my Copics in tones of blue and gray. I wanted to make the bell Sam was holding look as if it was a metal gold bell, so I used a gold modeling paste and painted it on. I love the gold old-world look the modeling paste gave to the bell. I wanted Sam to look as if he was outside ringing his holiday bell, so I added some white card stock along the bottom of my card cut in the shape of snow hills. Wanting to create more texture I added Wink of Stella and Diamond Dust to the snow hills. I cut strips of pattern paper and created a whimsical Christmas tree and placed Caroling Sam on the snow hill. I think he looks so adorable standing on the snow holding his gold bell and Merry Christmas sign.






For my final share, I created a softer more shabby look using Eris on Sleeping Bear digi. I don't tend to create shabby projects, but I'm in love with how this card turned out! This digi image is so, so adorable!!!! A must have for your holiday projects! Just like the other two cards, I colored the digi image with my Copic markers. I kept it super soft and airy. I added perfect pearls to the background of my image to make it look as if it's snowing. I used corrugated paper and a shabby woodgrain pattern paper layered on the base of my card. To finish off my card I added lace, ribbon and some flowers all in soft colors to give it that shabby look. 




I had so much fun creating these holiday/winter cards using all these wonderful digi stamps. Thanks LBB for the opportunity of guest designing this month!
Happy Scrapping ~ Leslie

1 comment: