Thursday, February 27, 2014

MSS "You're a life saver" Candy Card

I'm so excited about todays My Style Stamps project! If you've been following along this month, you already know that I've been working with the stamp set "Love Wally". I've been having so much fun creating different projects with this stamp set and sharing how versatile it is. Well todays project has got to be my favorite project using the "Love Wally" stamp set.


I created what I'm calling a Candy Card. I cut a 6x6 card base out of white textured card stock, then cut a 4.5 square out of the middle of the front cover of the 6x6 card base. I used red ink around the smaller square to highlight it. I backed the inside of my card with a navy blue corrugated paper from DCWV. I stamped out 3 life preservers from the stamp set and embossed them with red embossing powder. I cut them out and attached them to 3 Life Savers mint candies. I attached some red bakers string to each of the mints and added them to my card. I stamped directly onto the front of the card using the anchor stamp which I also adore. For my candy card's sentiment I used the "You're a life saver" stamp. I love how well that sentiment went with the whole theme of my card!



I had a ton of fun creating this candy card using the "Love Wally" stamp set from My Style Stamps! Be sure to stop by the MSS's shop and check out this stamp set along with all the others.

Thanks for joining me today and happy scrapping! -Leslie

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW. Such clever ideas. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that view master is so clever! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the life saver card! Cute idea

    ReplyDelete