Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Washi Tape Embellishments

Thanks for joining me today! I'm excited to share with you how I created some fun beach embellishment using Kiwi Lane templates and washi tape. A big Thank you to our friends over at Downtown tape for all the wonderful washi tapes I've been playing with. :) Todays tip is super easy and will make a statement on any of your craft projects. Since it's summer time and hot, I wanted to created an altered frame using Paradise 2, 3, and 6 as embellishments on my project. I just love how adorable the Paradise templates are! 

I came across a picture of my middle son when he was just a baby walking hand in hand with my husband on the beach. I knew right away that I needed to create an altered picture frame to display that memory. The picture frame I used was purchased a few years back at my local craft store, but you can use any alterable frame.

The first step I always do before I start working on my projects is the "Framing" process. This helps me get an idea of how my project might look before actually starting anything. Once I'm happy with the placement of my templates, it's time to start creating!


Todays tip is how to create embellishments using Kiwi Lane templates and washi tape.

Step 1. Trace your templates onto white card stock and cut out.

Step 2. Place your card stock templates onto a piece of plastic. I used an Avery heavy duty page protector.

Step 3. Start covering your cut out templates with washi tape until they are completely covered. Once completely covered carefully remove from the plastic.

Step 4. Turn your washi covered templates over and recut out the template shape.

Step. 5 Add Stickles/glitter glue to the outside edges and any details you want your washi tape  embellishments to have. For an extra touch of sparkle I also added Diamond Dust while my glitter glue was still wet.
While I waited for my washi tape embellishments to dry, I painted my frame with white gesso and sprayed it with blue Glimmer Mist. I added gold washi tape from Downtown tape around the outer edge of my frame just to add a touch more color. I also added a real child size flip flop to my frame which I also embellished with washi tape. I found in my stash a few fun tropical cut outs which made perfect additions to add to my frame. Once my embellishments were dry I hot glued them onto my frame and add in the adorable picture of my son and my husband walking hand and hand on the beach. 


I enjoyed creating today tip for you and I hope I have inspired you to get out your washi tape and create some of your own embellishments. Don't forget to share your Kiwi Lane washi embellishments over on our Facebook page. Thanks again for joining me :)

Happy Scrapping ~ Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment