Saturday, August 11, 2012

Altered Paper Bag Backpack


Hello there my Scrappy Friends!
I've got a super cute back-to-school project to share with you today I created for SNSC.

It's hard to believe summer is coming to an end and school for my kiddos is starting next week!  WoW! Time sure flies when you're having FuN! I'll also be heading back to the classroom myself! Yup, you read that right. I'm a preschool teacher.

Check out "Back to School Sophie"! I just love how hip and cute she is for school!

I decided to alter a brown lunch bag using "Back to School Sophie" and create a fun altered Backpack.


I layered various pattern papers onto the paper bag from the collection "School Daze" by My Mind's Eye. I also cut a few images from the same collection and added them onto the bag as embellishments. I created a backpack flap out of  blue coordination's card stock and attached red ribbon to the back of the bag as backpack straps. To create a closure for the backpack I added a small piece of velcro under the front flap of the bag.



Now for the fun part! Embellishing the backpack!

I colored "Back to School Sophie" using my Spectrum Noir markers and my Atyou Spica glitter pens. I then added her onto the backpack and popped her up with some pot dots. For my final touches I added some color crayons wrapped with some black twine, a red felt star, some I Am Roses, a sm piece of dollie and red ric-rac trim to give it that back-to-school look.


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Altered Paper bag Backpack!

Don't forget to check out the SNSC shop, where you can find "Back to School Sophie" along with many more cute images!

Have a Happy Scrappy Day!
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment